I'm 10 days late into writing this new year's post but better late than never! I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday break and that your new year is off to a great start.
Here are some of the highlights of 2013 for me, a year filled with new experiences.
- I interned (for the first time) at several different design firms.
- I attended many conferences and talks with great speakers such as Dick Costolo, Jack Dorsey, and Sara Blake (SZO) to name a few.
- I completed Tough Mudder in Toronto, a 20km obstacle course of hills, mud, ropes, and electric shocks designed by British Special Forces.
- My dragon boat team from York University placed third in the Toronto International Dragon Boat Festival in the University A Division.
- I finally donated 15" of my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.
- I completed the 50km Ride for Heart bike event with my family.
- I traveled to San Francisco on my own for the summer to intern.
- Checking things off my bucket list such as skydiving, cliff-jumping, a road trip in California, snorkelling, and visiting the Golden Gate Bridge.
I'm extremely grateful that I had so many wonderful opportunities come my way and that I was able to experience so much in just one year!
Inspired by Leo Babauta, the blogger behind Zen Habits, I've decided to create a theme for my goals for 2014; self-discovery. I'm still constantly learning more about myself, where I want to go in life, who I want to be, so a journey dedicated to self-discovery will be very interesting. I plan on doing something new each month this year, especially something that I may be scared to try in order to add to the essential process of self-discovery. I've set out 10 new changes that I hope to make in 2014 for personal growth and learning.
- Be present
- Let go of expectations
- Be emotionally independent
- Seek discomfort and enjoy it
- More off-screen/outdoor time
- Strive for simplicity
- Focus on positivity and gratitude
I have big goals for 2014 and I plan on achieving them! I'm super excited for the journeys and experiences that will come this year.